6 Dec 2006

JH on Busso

this will be short and sweet due to lack of time but the basics are

swim
59 min woohoo..got bashed but enjoyed it,great temp and pretty flat...put me in a good position on the bike

bike
legs wouldn't work first 60k due to cold legs i think, came good second lap...spent the whole first 120k with john mergler covering his surges to get away...by the 120k mark a good pack had formed behind us watching the 2 johnny's show...they were even bloody commenting "dont let him go" everytime a surge came....anyway last 60k i made a decision to let him go alone in the wind so i could hide in pack and save my legs to run him down...unfortunately the pack slowed and he got about 7 mins on me but i didnt know until the end...stretched like crazy and was ready to run...time was 4:54 ish

the run
well not all plans work, my back just went straight into spasm because my new bike position after 5 mins running, ouch ouch ouch that hurt...came good after an hour as usual then plan b caf trial in place...that didnt work for me either...mona told me i was 3rd so got into gear as i knew i had to be in 2nd to get my hawaii spot, went back to old system...took the guy and put 20 mins on him then cruised home with spot intact...3:35 ish run

all in all happy that i got my hawaii spot which was the purpose...a good time of 9:30

***

well done to lisa in her pb, lots more coming from her i know that, not everyday turns out perfect but with commitment consistancy and determination we all get our goals.

jh

No comments: