25 Feb 2007

Malaysia 2007

I can't say enough good things about this race. It was a solid day.

In short, Amanda had a superb swim and she was on fire on the bike. She really seemed to be enjoying the day. She pushed herself hard. When she ``left'' the course at about the 36km mark, she was a long way in front in her age group.

I don't have any details on how she's doing at the moment. Both her mom and Luke were with her last evening after the race as she was receiving some medical attention.

It was an intense, hot day and more than a few people were given a lift by ambulance to the finish line. Many, many others walked a very long way.

As for me, I couldn't be happier with my race - I had an amazingly fast first half of the swim, rode within myself as planned and ran very consistently, with enough for a ``surge'' at about 36km to pass someone in my age group. It was the first time that I've been able to push so hard.

It's time now for a massive buffet breakfast at the Westin!!

No comments: