24 Sept 2005

JH on World Duathlon

Well its sat arvo and I,m back from worlds duathlon….the info I have to date is

Me..absolutetly kicking myself for such a stupid mistake…me and damo had to do the race with no uniform(it didn,t turn up), I came in from the first run but couldn,t find my bike…I automatically thought they'd pulled me out of the race…and the official told me to go to the tent..which I did. meanwhile everyone and their uncle are either getting away or going past, I got nowhere in the tent so decided to go back….then I spotted my bag which highlites my bike position…my stomach felt sick..i,d blown it !!...and so early in the race…anyway I chipped back and got 5th or 6th I think…gutted !!...last long bike tomorrow before Hawaii..180k ouch !

Damo..chain kept falling off…in a race with so many hills(they added about 5 more from the original race)

Andrea…not sure of place etc but she smiled a lot

Mel..3rd I think

Teresa…2nd

Computer..puncture

Regards
john

No comments: