11 Jan 2006

Macca 2006 Strategy

From a Jan 5th posting on Macca's site:

I am off to Chile again in a few days to race my first event of the season. I always do this event because it is such a great race and it also kicks me into gear and shows me my weaknesses. I am never really fit for this race but it is a tough day and i can come home from this event and really focus then on building my workload through to Ironman. I am doing things slightly differently again this year for Ironman Australia.

I am going for a record 5th title at this years event but have already qualified for Hawaii so the pressure for the spot is gone. Now i have decided to do a Half Ironman 2 weeks before the Ironman which will be something I have never done before. I am really keen to see how this works out and will learn a lot about my body from this exercise.

I have been talking a lot with my mate Miles Stewart who retired from international Triathlon 3 years ago. He is a former World Champion himself and it is great to be able to talk about things now we are not racing eachother. He has become a great ally and has been very helpful in my planning for the season and how I intend tackling this years racing. My objective is to build on last years Hawaii result and really have a solid crack at a fast time on the Hawaii course.

No comments: