2 Feb 2006

Treadmill Tim

I haven't sent in any of my last three weekly skeds to the coach. He knows it and now everyone else does. I'm okay with it. I have no guilt. Of course I'd like to have trained more - I always want more.

That being said, I have done the hard work to the best of my ability. I haven't stopped training though it hasn't been as consistent as I earlier planned for several reasons.

I also haven't lost my motivation for Malaysia. I'm still fit -- though there's nothing like a tough session to ease my mind.

This morning was my longest run ahead of the race. As there was a touch of snow on the ground, and some ice too, I opted to run inside.

Three hours later, I'd run 21.9 miles, or 35.3 kilometres. Putting one foot in front of the other and going nowhere fast on a treadmill at a health club. It was a good session for me -- though I was looking for a little bit of Red Bull as the end approached.

What I can say is, give the guy who invented the iPod a big hug from me.

No comments: