6 Apr 2006

Gezz looking ahead

Thanks you all so much for your cheering and support, your all legends!!

Was personally a bit disappointed with the race as I had higher expectations, but as always with ironman there are soooooo many factors.

Felt terrific the whole way through till the fist half of the run, 60m swim, 6hr ride and 2hr first lap, that's when the belly went berserk and I became one of those on the sidelines bringing up the contents of their stomach ... tried slowing down, walking etc, anything to try and settle the tummy, but as soon as I put anything back in, out it all came again.

Continued to push through but I could feel my energy levels getting lower and lower and then the legs started to tire with energy to keep them going, so the last 21km became a real slug and ended up taking 3 hours.

So, a little disappointed, but that just makes me more determined to get back into it and keep cracking. So I'll see all you crazy kids that qualified for Hawaii out on the track as I'll keep you company through the winter.

Anyway, tanks again and well done to all.

-gezz

No comments: