5 Oct 2005

The Animal Roars ...1

It's getting real hot now and the Sunday brick is getting super tough.

This past Sunday I think I speak for everyone when I say - "WE SUFFERED" .

Myself, Dingo and Gina and Mark were all pretty dehydrated because it was so hot out at Kurnell and we were riding hard.

The thing is you don't realize it until you are on the run - how important it is to try and drink at LEAST one bidon per hour on the bike.

I was the last man standing on Sunday after a full 8 hours of training and suffered worse than I ever have. The others were unable to finish at all due to various nutrition probs. I collapsed on the grass at the end of my 24k run off 180k solid bike and laid there for 10mins unable to move - I was absolutely stuffed.

I had not paced correctly on the bike and dehydrated myself to the point where my stomach stopped absorbing fluids and I was just bloating up.

I put it all down to the first 30k of the bike , I pushed too hard and didn't drink enough for the hot conditions - it was all over for me after that - I even backed off to low E2 for the rest of the hit and tried to drink up, but the damage was done . I suffered the rest of the day on the bike and had one hell of a painful run.

.....What a crazy sport we do.....

The Animal

No comments: