8 Dec 2005

Phuket 1/2 Ironman by Grace

Grace was second in her age group .. here's a report from her:

"Just finished!

Far out - tougher than Ironman that's for sure. What is it about me and Asian
countires and hills? Bloody horrendous hills, horrendous swim but overall good
race.

13th woman overall including pros, 2nd in my age group - she beat me by less than two minutes! Oh well.

[Ed note: Among the pros - Sam McGlone, Laura Bennett, Belinda Granger, Carol Montgomery - a top level field]

Best bit - I beat the other model - the Ralph Lauren one who's been doing tris
for a couple of years and only got her by a couple of minutes. Ran her down
in the run YAYAYY! She was a swimmer through college and a sprinter, runner etc...

I ran passed her and said c'mon run with me let's pick it up but she started walking.

My swim was about 35min I think - My God I wanted to pull out after 200m! It was
horrible - trying not to panic etc. Gotta do somethihg about this.

Bike - bloody hilly , LOST MY CHAIN TWICE - Bloody hell gotta get that right
I think about 1hr52 which is pretty good on that course. heart rate was about 165.
Didn't draft at all - did it all on my own - excellent for my confidence on
the bike as I had a secret little fear that I had only done well in other
races because of drafting - now I know I am strong.

Run - legs were a bit smashed - definitely more so than after Shep but that is to be
expected and I think I probably did an okay run. I kept my heart rate at 175 was pretty stuffed. I think I probably ran about a 55 min - considering how i pushed it
on bike im happy with that.

[Swim 35:58 T1 1:47 Bike 1:48:50 T2 1:10 Run 56:09 Total 3:23:52]

Love u all!

BRING ON ARIZONA!!

Grace"

No comments: