28 Mar 2006

Mitch was to test Chris

Mitch Anderson withdraws from Panthers Ironman Australia Triathlon
By Triathlete mag Interactive

“I was involved in a bike crash several weeks ago, and I have carried this soreness in my hamstring for that period of time. I ran a hard 20km before the weekend and then tried to run an hour a few days later and the soreness in the hamstring became worse,” said Anderson yesterday morning after a final fitness test.

“I was really looking forward to racing on the new course. I have heard how challenging it is and felt my patience and strength on the bike would have suited the tough terrain.”

The withdrawal leaves the challenges to Macca to come from Jason Shortis, Chris Legh, RISING STAR CHRIS WATERHOUSE as well as Victoria’s Craig McKenzie.

(ok, ok .. so chris wasn't in the list but what the heck!)

No comments: